Monday, November 15, 2010

What Else But Gratitude!

Our family started are yearly tradition yesterday. It is the 12 days until Thanksgiving. Every year I think I will do it all month but I am not that organized.
We start the 12 day count down by listing something we are grateful for each night. Then on different nights we will have stories on gratitude or we will write letters or notes to whomever my children want to tell that they are grateful for. We will do random service projects for someone and of course bake cookies for someone. My kids get excited and it makes them think and realize that they have a wonderful life and our lucky. Each night is alittle different. I also get excited, but since I'm not as organized as I would like to be or try to be, it can stress me alittle by the end. I hate to admit that!
I have been debating on if I should share this story but hopefully it won't come back to bite me. We started out sharing one thing we are grateful for and when it was Rudy's turn
he said in all seriousness "I am grateful for my privates".
I said " What did you say?"
Rudy "My privates"
I said "Why would you say that?'
Rudy"Heavenly Father is smart, I had the worst stomach ache and after going the bathroom I thought to myself, that would be so gross if that just stayed in my body, and my stomach would be so full and look fat if all the water I drank never came out of me.
I said "yes that is true with a sigh of relief"
Rudy "I am glad that we have privates and they work so good"
I said "Me to"
That was not the answer I was prepared for. I was waiting for some answer like he was glad to have friends or glad for his dad, not privates. Ha ha
I had Dr. Appointments last week that were rescheduled for this week. I was sick last week so I am glad I didn't have to go. But it will be a busy week and I hope they can figure out why I keep getting pain in my eye, cheek and top of my head. When it hurts and I get frustrated I remind myself how grateful I am that it is not cancer.

Here is a gratitude Quote for this post-
"If a fellow isn't thankful for what he's got, he isn't likely to be thankful for what he's going to get". Frank A. Clark
"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." John F. Kennedy

1 comment:

  1. i love that tradition! I want to try!
    I am cracking up about the "privates" ! Smart kid!

    ReplyDelete