Wednesday, January 20, 2010

We All Have Hope!

I guess its time to write again. I find myself not wanting to write if I its not funny or positive. I have been struggling with this 3rd chemo treatment. I have been sick with nausea that will not go away even with medications and home remedies. My body aches like no other and I am slow to get up and go. I did stay at my moms along with my children after treatment, it was fun for the kids to be somewhere different and I liked it because they didn't have to watch me being so sick(off playing with Grandpa,Grandma or cousins).

My thinking is after each round of chemo my body would be used to it, so it would be easier. After talking to other patients some say they think it gets worse because of the build up of the poisons in your body. The thought of that makes me sick because I have many more rounds to go. So I will use one of my favorite words HOPE and as my next chemo treatment comes up I will HOPE that it won't be as bad as the ones before. I have several more treatments to keep on hoping............

6 comments:

  1. Dear Shaquel,
    no need to be funny and positive on our account; most of your friends know that chemo is tough from beginning to end, but I share your hope that it will get better and faith that this is true, and love for you and your family. So know your hope is shared by all who read your blog.

    Some friends of mine have had luck with acupuncturists for the nausea and fatigue - don;t know if that is possible, and if someone else can research that for you, or if your doctor has someone.
    Hang in there- we are all praying and hoping with you during this hard time,
    Love,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaquel,
    You are an inspiration to all of us. I love the word "hope". Just know that we are all "hoping" as well that it will get easier for you. Thanks for being so willing to share all the ups and downs with us.
    Our prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to leave a quick note, to let you know I really enjoy reading your updates. You seem to stay really positive, I just want you to know your in my thought's a prayers and HOPE it only get's better like you said... Take care you have an awesome family...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shaquel ~
    So sad to hear chemo isn't getting any easier! I think about you all of the time and wish I could do more to help. Please please please let me do more :) Love you!
    ~nicole

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just reading something today about the love of our Savior. It seems sometimes people understand/sometimes they don't. But, the Savior walked before and ALWAYS know how you feel. He IS there in 4:00 in the early morning, 1:00 in the afternoon, and each time you are struggling to want to get out of bed and start the new day. He is the one who is giving you all that strength to keep moving forward despite what has come your way. You are handling very gracefully, love you loads, Tiesha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting the pics! "THE" haircut one is a tear jerker, but you look awesome in all of them. You are handling this stumbling block with grace in every aspect. You're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete