Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Feeling The Wind In My hair!

Last night my son was begging me to let him take me on a 4-wheeler ride. I finally gave in. You would be nervous for me if you could see how he drives. Anyway, as I along with Savannah and Asia were being chauffeured by Rudy; we were able to ride in weather that didn't feel like 110 degrees. It was nice, the evening air was cool and it felt good feeling the wind on my face and actually feeling it go through my hair! Yes, can you believe it my hair is still short but long enough to feel that I have some. It was awesome! It has been a long time feeling anything like that on my head. My hair is getting lighter and in the sun you see a little red.
We had been riding around for quite awhile and had started for home when all of a sudden the 4-wheeler starts slowing down and then finally stops. Yes we were out of gas. I told Rudy well I guess that ride is over and we both hopped off and started pushing the 4-wheeler home. As we were pushing we were laughing and blaming one another on who should have checked the gas when Rudy says "Mom its probably a good thing this happened because you didn't exercise this morning and now you can go to bed knowing you finally did". We then push a little further and I was dying my legs were burning and he looks at me and starts laughing and says"And doesn't this feel good". I agreed, especially since I was in my Pj's.
(Savannah pushed for a little while but ended up back on the 4-wheeler with Asia to help her steer.) Although we ran out of gas we had alot of fun !

1 comment:

  1. Love those moments when everything stops to just be with your kids enjoying the simple things in life.

    ReplyDelete