Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What's Your Hobby?


Yesterday I went in to Joann's looking for some materials I needed for Activity days.
Well I might as well
been in a foreign country. I walked down each
aisle
slowly looking at everything. I see all different kinds of material,
needlepoint
(stuff), crotcheting yarn, knitting materials, ribbons,
scrapbook paper,
stamps, wooden boxes, paints, etc...
I notice my heart
is
beating faster and I am
getting really hot, struggling to catch my
breath,
thinking to myself this store
is killing me. As I am trying to
breathe and
as I am talking to myself saying
and "you thought you were
crafty just
because you made a skirt 2o yrs ago in
Home Ec. well I think
Its time I
learn a new hobby." As I am saying
this I turn
the corner and low
and behold their sits a new sewing machine
that says
its for beginners. I
thought well maybe I should buy it and learn to sew. I read everything on
the box and then the thought comes to my mind
wait.......... I thought I was
going to learn more about my computer and how
it works and
how I can scrap
book on my computer. (I'm sure I don't have
time for
both). So I leave
the store without the sewing
machine ready to go
home and get back on
the computer and learn how
it really works. I decide
I will find some
relaxing hobby after I
am a expert on the computer. I am
driving home
excited thinking well
learning computer skills can be my new hobby and then
wait.....I remembered
that I was going to start focusing on sending
thank
you cards to so many
people from this past year and I was going to be organized
and remember
peoples b-days and just let them know I was thinking of them,
and
then I
thought no I was going to start focusing on cooking better, finding new recipes, so I could provide really healthy but good meals for my family and friends. Oh wait.....

I thought I was going to start taking more pictures and learn how my camera really works.
But then I get home put my comfy
pj's on
and thought to myself I know I was going to do something but I
can't
remember so
I crawled in my comfortable bed that was calling
my name
and fell
asleep.


This is the story of my
life. This is the honest truth of my thoughts today. Crazy I know!

And I don't like the outline of my blog but can't figure out how to change it. Maybe I should focus on my computer skills.

3 comments:

  1. i absolutely love this post! that sounds about like how i do things!
    *becky kelly*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was pretty funny Shaquel because I can totally hear you saying it. And I like the outline of the post - it's kind of poetic...it flows and is short and skippy-like: like your thoughts! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds about right! Love it! I think it's a woman thing!

    ReplyDelete