Wednesday, September 1, 2010

School Is Back In Session

Don't you just hate it when you think of things you need to do but you are somewhere where you can't? That's how I have been this week about posting my blog. My computer has been broke and I thought of all these things I was going to write and now my mind is blank.



I do remember that yesterday I went to see Dr. H.. My favorite Dr. All looks well! Tests came back OK so no worries. After struggling last week it felt good to visit with my Dr. and listen to him remind me that I am not going crazy and I'm not a hypochondriac. He said "your not out of shape and exhausted because you haven't been exercising its because you just received chemo, (poison) in your body it has nothing to do with exercise". He then added"to top it off you also have no estrogen in your body and never will" Reminder to all of you out there that are in the same boat as me we are not hypocondriacs. Anyway I walked away from my visit feeling recharged. Thanks Dr. H..



School started this past Monday. My kids were so excited and looked so cute! They love their teachers and seem motivated to work hard. But I am a realistic parent and know that in a few days they won't be as excited. I wish the excitement would last all year especially with the homework. Their Grandma and Grandpa Andrus had a back to school party for all the grand kids. They went swimming in their pool and had a barbecue. Then Grandma gave each of them back to school presents that they can use. They were so excited and had everything set out Sunday night. They were prepared!



I now get to stay at home with my Asia. She had preschool this morning and then we came home had lunch, read countless books until she fell asleep and here I am. I do have to admit I don't think I will post a long entry because I am going to go join her and not feel one bit guilty for as you know life is so good. I have been able to get up each morning BEFORE my children, feed them a good breakfast and have their lunches made and ready to go. We are able to have family prayer and I can give them a kiss FROM the front door instead of from my bed. So different then last year. I think I may appreciate this year much more then my children. I will forever need to thank my Aunt Darlene who came over each morning and filled in for me. Due to her I don't think my kids missed a beat. Love You!

2 comments:

  1. Yea for school. We can both hope and pray our kids will still love it after the 1st week, and continue to work hard. I'm sure they will. Pray before each day begins and it will go alot smoother.

    Hope this week you feel a bit better physically. Keep exercising. Maybe walk some for me. Don't compare to the other runners/walkers. They weren't filled with poison for 7 straight months, and now need detoxing. Our bodies, our lives, our situations are all different and need to be dealt with differently.

    Right now I am watching Jemma hang off the couch face planted in the carpet and still completely out of it. No wonder her back hurts sometimes.

    Write later, lots of love tiesh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you don't know me but I got your blog address from Jackie your sisinlaw. Any way I've been going to treatment in St george for the last five months I just wondered if it was Dr Haslem you had cause he is my doc. Funny it's a small world I'm starting to get to end of treatment so it's good to hear your honesty about it. I'm so like that too when something is done I just want to move on and I need to remember things will take time. But getting better slowly is better than getting sicker slowly(or quickly) like we've been doing!

    ReplyDelete