Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Good News!!!!!!!!

Hello Everyone
I recieved good news today. The cancer has not spread past my lymph nodes or my left breast.
I had a PET scan done yesterday to see if there was any cancer anywhere else in my body. I was relieved to have my Dr. call and give me the news. I am still waiting for one more test the BRCA.
I also have my surgery date it will be Nov. 3rd. I do not like the wait ,but I have to agree with my Dr. on this one.
I still can't lift my arm , but I am feeling so much better!!!!!!!!!!!
It was so nice to see family at Shaes wedding. Shae you looked beautiful!
Thank you all for the words of encouragement and the hugs.
I definitely have enjoyed all the visits from family and friends. Thank you! Keep them coming!

4 comments:

  1. Shaquel, You don't know me. My sister works with a friend of yours. I was diagnosed with stage 2, 5 positive lymph nodes in February of 2008. Your story is very similar to mine. I just want you to know I'm praying for you. There is life after cancer. In fact, I've never been happier. I live and love every day and you will know exactly what I mean when you are finished with treatments. Take one day at a time and before you know it, it will be over. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaquel - I am thrilled that you are so optimistic!! I LOVE that about you!! Just know that I am here and would be glad to help in anyway you need - especially with the kids. We'll keep you all in our prayers, and know that we love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shaquel, it was so good to see you at my wedding. You still look as beautiful as ever! I hope all is well and things are looking up. If I made it though cancer so can you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shaquel...I recently heard of your trials...you and your family are in our prayers...hang tight - you are one tough lady!
    xo
    Julie Houston-Logue

    ReplyDelete