Thursday, February 11, 2010

Happy Valentines



I like this clip from Pres. Monson and thought it was appropriate at this time since it's Valentines. You have all been great examples on how to show love. I want to tell you ALL, thanks for showing me so much love. I have learned so much through all of you on how to love.Through messages on the blog, on my e-mail, phone calls, gifts, dinners brought in, cleaning my house, cards, stopping by to visit and the list goes on. I hope I can show you the love back.
Yesterday I had my 5Th chemo treatment. I was very sick while receiving the chemo. There was a man sitting by me that I am sure he wished he wasn't. I couldn't keep one thing down but I couldn't get up go to the bathroom since I was hooked to my IV so everyone in the room gets to witness me losing everything. but I feel so much better today.This type of chemo doesn't have the side effects of nausea like the last 4. I am excited! I will still have other side effects like the achy bones and a few others that I know you do not want to know about. I have to say on the days I feel good I sure appreciate it.
I hope you all have a wonderful Valentines weekend and don't forget to show the love.

No Regrets,

2 comments:

  1. Shaquel, I'm so sorry you've had such a rough time with chemo. Your last post reminded me of an email I sent to my support group when I was going through chemo. It talks about a "good day". I think you will be able to relate. I hope you don't mind me sharing it on your blog, it's kind of long.

    5/4/08 - After my first chemo, I waited and waited for the good days that everybody promised me. I finally realized that I would have to change the definition of a good day. So one day I wrote a new definition in my journal. When I changed the definition, I started having good days. I wanted to share it with you. Tracy's definition of a good day - It's a good day when:
    -you can sit in the recliner and watch the robins play in the tree.
    -the sun shines through the window and you have the energy to get out of the chair to lay in the sun.
    -you're awake when your kids get home and you get to hear about their day.
    -you can sit in the recliner and be near your family.
    -someone calls to see how you're doing and you actually have the energy to talk.
    -your husband walks through the door and smiles and your heart flutters.
    -you can stay awake through a movie and you forget for a moment that you have cancer.
    -you can focus enough to read something uplifting.
    -you can laugh.
    -you can do your daughter's hair.
    -you can do your own hair. ( I wrote this before I lost my hair)
    -you can make your bed.
    -you can make yourself something to eat.
    -you can pray on your knees instead of on your back.
    Basically, a good day is every day that is not really horrible.

    Shaquel, I hope this last half of chemo will go better for you. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete