Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I've made it half way!

It's now been 7 days since my last treatment, thank goodness! The further away from the treatment the better I feel. I sound like a broken record but I have felt the same these last few treatment's. BUT, for the good news I am half way done I have 2 more months to go and the next treatment they change my chemo. The side effects should be different and I shouldn't be as nauseous. I tried to get my Dr. to make a bet with me that I really won't be as sick but he wouldn't, not even for a milkshake?
This last treatment I walked into the building and the smell set me off. I ended up being in the restroom until my chemo started. There is a name for what was happening my Dr. called it something, sorry I can't remember. He said he still has patients 5 years later that can't walk in the building without losing it. I was so mad that it was happening to me. I told the Dr. I was prepared for being sick after my treatment not before. I have to admit I was alittle emotional and instead of greeting him with a smile and saying"I'm great! when he walked in the room I was crying like a baby and saying "can't I get just a little break"(just 2 hours is all I want)that way I would be home looking in my own toilet not someone Else's. My poor Dr. has never seem me so upset but by the time I walked out I had pulled it together. And I was and am fine now. My emotion was more anger that day. Thank goodness for chemo brain I can't remember much from one hour to the next.The upside, it makes it easier to get over things.
My sister-in-law Jen came down for 5 days what a blessing she watched my children,cleaned and did laundry. I owe her big time. My kids love her and it's nice to know they are taken care of. She took them for bike rides and to the park and just loved them, they love every minute with her. Thanks!
I hope you all enjoy your day, Thanks for all your support!

Here is a quote that was given to me by my cousin that I like-
Cancer is so limited
It cannot cripple Love
It cannot shatter Hope
It cannot corrode Faith
It cannot destroy People
It cannot kill Friendship
It cannot suppress Memories
It cannot silence Courage
It cannot invade the Soul
It cannot steal eternal Life
It cannot conquer the Spirit

6 comments:

  1. Sound like they need to spray some air freshener in that building! :)
    Way to go on Half Way! We're cheering you on!
    -the Shanan Kellys

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're here cheering, too! It was fun to see Jen and your beautiful girls!! (Sorry I missed you) We wish you the best, and are thrilled that you are half way! Go Shaq!! :)

    ~Brianna Price~

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH - 1/2 way!!!
    You are beautiful...even bald...I have my dad's head - heaven forbid I should be bald - ha-ha...
    Hang in there...
    I love the quote.
    I love seeing your amazing humor through all your trials...you have a great Spirit about you.
    ~hugs~
    Julie (Houston)Logue

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for making it halfway!

    You're amazing, Shaquel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shaq...I am so happy to hear that you are half way through your treatment! That is some of the best news I have heard in a while! Keep it up...soon it will all be a memory! REALLY-eventually it does become a memory! I love your optimism and humor! I am sure it helps more than you realize! Take care!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh-ya...I forgot to mention that I loved the head shaving picture. It was all to familiar, and it made me cry! You are beautiful!
    Love, Kat

    ReplyDelete