Thursday, February 25, 2010

We Love the Rain!

I just got home from my 6th treatment. Today it went well, no throwing up in front of everyone, that's always a bonus. Although I have had several treatments it is always difficult for me to see everyone else. Some of the people are better off then you and others are A LOT worse then you. I visit them, get to know their life stories, and get somewhat attached. I lose a few tears every time I go looking around the room noticing everyone else. Some sleep through their treatments, others read or visit. Some are positive and don't look real sick, others you wonder if they are going to make it out of their chair. It's so surreal for me.
This last treatment did not make me as sick. I am so happy, excited, grateful, and can't wait until I have more energy to do more.
This past week was busy my little 9yr old was on his motorcycle riding when another rider accidentally ran into him. He ended up having to have surgery. He tore his ACL and it pulled a piece of bone from another. He should heal fine and not have any long lasting effects. However, in the mean time he has become really bossy because he is still lacking in mobility. I do have to say sometimes I feel like when it rains, it pours, in are family. But I guess its good we love the rain!

3 comments:

  1. So much for living in the desert! You guys are in the middle of a monsoon down there :) My family is headed down to SG over the weekend of the 18th. I'd love to pay you a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shanan said that he ran into Jim yesterday. He was glad to hear that you were feeling well enough to be in St. George shopping! :)
    Sorry to hear about Rudy! (sp?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shaquel just want you to know that the Oregon Rebers are praying for your recovery and for your strength and courage during your treatment. You are a very resilient woman and give us all more strength and courage to deal with the "rain" that comes our way.

    Lynn and Dennis

    ReplyDelete