Monday, November 9, 2009

I apologize for not being as quick to this as I had hoped to be. Shaquel has had a few (7 days to be exact) rough days. After going through 7 long hours of surgery, she made it through. Shaquel has proven
to be quite the fighter. We all know how determined and positive Shaq has been, but I have
to be honest, this is the first time that I have seen a little doubt and fear in her
eyes.
In Shaq's words," This surgery is definitely
worse than the first one." The doctors couldn't get her pain under control. The day
she left the hospital she had a variety of pain medication to take.
There wasn't just "one" magic pill.
She is now recovering in St. George at her mom's house until
the middle of the week. We ALL are taking good care of her! I don't think that she has had a day where she hasn't been visited or checked on .
She is in excellent hands. What an awesome family we have!!
She misses her kids bunches and thanks you all for your generosity
and kindness you have rendered to her family.
Jim, I have heard how awesome you are doing at being MR. Mom! Keep on going!
We are rooting for you too.

3 comments:

  1. Shaquel you are amazing! Keep the faith, today is about you, about healing, about overcoming. Sounds like you are in the best of care, an of course you are in our thoughts and prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaquel, I am so glad your BRCA test came back negative. It sounds like your doctors are very thorough. I am glad you found a wig. I know it's hard. I wish I lived closer to help with things. You are a strong and amazing person! I am so glad that you are my friend! Love ya!
    Misti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great header, crying has always given me a headache too! I say if your going to do it do it in the shower so your tears can wash away down the drain and be done with it!
    I have been following your optimistic blog for quite sometime now and I have to say you Amaze Me! Now enjoy your time at your Mom's and let her spoil you a little, you certainly deserve it, and as a Mom you know you would do the same! Your in my thoughts each day. Hold tight.

    ReplyDelete