Saturday, November 28, 2009

Quick update

I just wanted to post a quick update. Last Monday the 23rd I went up for a test that looked at my heart. They put a IV in and put more nuclear dye that would surround my heart. It showed a 3d picture of my heart and how it was beating. It is just another test to make sure my heart is working good and ready to take the chemo. And of course it is. I have to say I hate IVs . They have had such a hard time finding a good vein, so they keep trying.This week my arm and hand look so bruised and I feel like a wimp saying this but it still hurts after they have made so many attempts.
The next day the 24Th I went back in the hospital for a same day surgery to put a port in. A port is a device that they put under your skin. It is a cylinder with a soft spot on the top for a special needle to be inserted. Then it has a small tube that is connected to one of my large veins that delivers blood to my heart. This basically means now that this device has saved my veins in my arm. Through this device they will insert my IV in every time I have chemo or they can take blood samples from it also.The Dr's put mine under my clavicle bone on my right side. On Tuesday I went back in to the hospital they gave me one more IV in my hand after attempting 5 times(hopefully that is last time for awhile). They put me out and walla two hours later I had to wake up. It was not to bad just alittle pain for about two days.
This week I go back up for a couple more Dr appointments and then next week I start chemo!
I hope you all have had a wonderful Thanksgiving and have been able to enjoy the holiday weekend. I have to say I have, it is only 6:20 in the morning and I having a pie in the fridge screaming my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment