Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Patience

Today was a full day of meeting with Dr's. Overall it was a good day. My prognosis is good. My counts were below normal but much higher then a few weeks ago. They are high enough to allow me to have my surgery. I actually will have 2 surgeries. The first one will be to have my ovaries taken out(my cancer is estrogen induced) and the second will be to fix my scarred, flat chest. The plan was two have them 6-8 weeks apart. After going to a new gynecologist and coordinating his surgery day with my plastic surgeon all worked out to have on the same day. The Dr's have warned me that having both will be quite painful especially since chemo has wrecked havoc on my body. I understand what they are saying but I want to have them both done now.

I haven't been feeling well this week. I subbed for a first grade class on Monday by the time I got home I could barely move my body. It hurt so bad. I ended up being sick for at least 24 hours. I was telling Dr. H. about it today and in a serious tone he said"I think you were supposed to learn patience this past year and you Haven't!" Then he started laughing. I totally disagree. He thinks I am impatient because I expect to do things that I used to do and never get tired or feel sick .He reminded me it will take up to a year and I probably will never feel the same way. I'll show him(maybe). While teaching I had this little boy tell me he was excited to have me teach because he has never been taught by a genie. I told him I wish I was a genie. I had a good laugh.

1 comment:

  1. I just want to say that you are awesome! Thanks for sharing your feelings and thoughts on your blog and in conversation. It's always inspiring and makes me want to be a better person. Good luck with your surgery. I hope its not as bad as the doctors say it will be.

    I have enjoyed teaching Asia these past few weeks. That class is a handful! I can hardly get a word in! Today she was quite animated (not as quiet as she has been) and was singing and being really cute. At one point, I was talking and rubbing my nose which made me sound funny. She plugged her nose and then imitated what I'd said. Then her and Anson started talking that way. I had to laugh :D

    ReplyDelete