Saturday, May 22, 2010

Feelin Oh So Srong!

Today has been a productive day. I pulled weeds in my garden and around my house. I cleaned, picked up toys and spent most of the day outside. I felt so strong. I was hot and sweating and it was actually from working not menopause. It felt so good!


Now that I mentioned I feel so strong.....ironically my Dr. called this past week and gave me the results of my bone density test. Not good, due to chemotherapy I have osteoporosis. My Dr. gave me more vitamins to take and this week I go back to have a infusion for my bones. I am not sure how many times I will need to do this, but each time it takes about 2-3 hours. The biggest concern my Dr. has is the medication I have to take. For the next 5 years I take two pills each day and the biggest side effect from them is that they weaken the bones and basically can cause osteoporosis. With that said I need to get them back to being strong. The infusions will help. I can't believe I just had my port taken out and now I will being getting poked again. The nurses always have a hard time finding a vein (Except for you Michelle who is so good at your job!).

I have two Dr. appointments this week and I start radiation. Looks like it will be a busy week.
I hope you also have a funfilled week!

1 comment:

  1. I have a new love for milk with the pregnancy, but it has to be 2%. You should try it, it's a real treat. Maybe it will help out those bones! I'm glad you were able to get outside and enjoy it! Gary and Lydia are coming for the graduation...I have a few things that I'm trying to re-schedule so I can make it too!

    ReplyDelete