Wednesday, May 5, 2010

No More Surgeries

I'm back, its been one week from today I had surgery. Everything went well. I have no more ovaries and my chest looks better. The Dr. ended up scraping the lining of my stomach and then moving my liver around and a whatever else is in there. The reason was to check for growths or cysts. The only real pain I have is from the Dr. doing that(I think). My mind is feeling better then my body but I'm sure my body will catch up.

Thank you to my sister Tiesha who flew into help me. She stayed with me for the first day and then took my kids up to my moms and watched them. She also cleaned my house. She has always been the giving sister full of charity. Love you! Although I have to add- she came in and saw me laying in bed feeling so sick and with nothing on my head she said"You really look like a cancer patient"I responded with"I guess that's good since I am one".

Today I went to Asia's preschool for a Mothers Day party. It was very nice. The teacher asked each child what they liked doing with their mothers. Asia said"I love to snuggle with my mom". That comment meant alot to me just because we have done that alot this year. With me being so sick I would read to her until I really didn't feel good and then we would watch Dora on TV all the while just snuggling. I have been very blessed this past year because as much as I like to snuggle with my children; I am usually up moving, cleaning and running somewhere. I can always look back and think of the memories of my children laying by my side sharing their stories, jokes, worries and kisses while we all laid in my bed when I couldn't get out.

My hair is growing slower then I would like. So far there is no hint of red. It looks blondish brown. I am still holding out that it will turn red.Oh how I hope.

No Regrets,

3 comments:

  1. Shaq, I'm so glad your surgery went well. I will keep my fingers crossed for the red hair too. You have great hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's nice, make me sound all good, then say that and make me look like a meany! Ha! Ha! Even as a cancer patient, you still look beautiful in your clear, soft white skin, beautiful blue eyes and pretty smile. When were 80 you will look great, and I will be all wrinkly from my tanning obsession in the 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to hear that your surgeries went well! Just give your "new hair color and texture" a year, and then you will most likely return to your old beautiful red! Remember how Jeff's came in black and curly? Now it is exactly the same as it use to be! Take care of yourself! We love you!

    ReplyDelete