Saturday, June 5, 2010

First Week Of Radiation

Where do I begin? After looking at my last post it was as long as a book, sorry.

It feels like so much has happened this week, I'm not sure what or how to write. My thoughts are all over the place.

Tuesday-I started my radiation, everything seems to be alright. I don't get sick like chemo so that is wonderful.
My daughter graduated from High School.
All my kids had their last day of school Wednesday.
Wed. morning woke up with my hands pure white, numb and very painful up my arm.
Wed. Jims family arrived for the graduation made graduation dinner for everyone.
Thursday woke up same with my hands but it lasted a lot longer.
Friday woke up again to the same problem but it lasted much longer meaning it took a couple of hours for the circulation to come back.
Friday went to radiation mentioned it to the guys doing radiation 10 minutes later I was in my doctors office, 1hr later sent to emergency to get checked for blot clot in my arm. 2 hrs later Dr. said I was fine I went home. Before I left my Dr. he informed me that I was going to have a MRI and go to a eye doctor to get my left eye checked out. It has been hurting for the last 10 days. Apparently it should not be a side effect from radiation or chemo.
Friday night came home exhausted, mentally, emotionally and physically.
Saturday-Went to a cancer survivors seminar and listened to a wonderful speaker Phyllis Snow. She has had cancer twice. It was inspiring, rejuvenating, humorous and exactly what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment