Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sleeping like a baby

I am giving Radiation all the credit even if it doesn't deserve it! I haven't slept very well this past year. I am either awake all night or I need to be on pain pills or use sleeping pills. BUT..... since starting radiation... I fall asleep fast and sleep the whole night. Although I have enjoyed it, it has caused a few arguments with my son Jimmy who is 17. This week I got after him 2 nights in a row for not waking me up when he came home. Now don't be judging me because I'm not the mom that stays up reading by my lamp to greet my son @ midnight and visit. I always wanted to be that mom but after a few tries with Cody I threw that idea out the window and now realize I can visit and find out info over a good breakfast. Anyway back to what I was saying. I just knew Jimmy was coming home after curfew and didn't want me to find out. After getting after him and threatening to ground him or take his phone away,he got upset and swore that he had been waking me up and he was never late. He said that I had full on conversations with him asking him what he did and if he had fun. Today I came home from radiation. I gave him the look-He starts laughing and once again swore he woke me up. He said he had proof this time, he video taped us last night talking and I even said I appreciate him always coming home on time. Oh yeah, after watching the video I started laughing but inside I am still dying. I really hope radiation is to blame because if its not by the time my kids are teenagers they will be out all night.

This week has been good, I am tired of driving to St. George everyday but I really can't complain.

My hair is still growing. My kids and husband say my hair is not long enough to take the scarf off(without them being embarassed). I never thought I would want to take it off this soon but I am ready. Be looking for a picture real soon because I am finally feeling brave to show you my new hair color. It's SO not red. It does make me alittle sad but at this point in time I will take whatever I can get.

No Regrets,

2 comments:

  1. So Funny! I love that Jimmy recorded you... that's so him! I'm glad you're sleeping well, it really is the best medicine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let the video bug you; I'm betting your body is just catching up on much needed rest.

    ReplyDelete