Thursday, June 17, 2010

Mini Vacation

Another week has passed. This week has flown by. I took my 3 girls and stayed at my moms in St. George. My dad was gone on a business trip so it was all girls week. It was fun, relaxing and I was able to help my mom clean her garage out. (That's not easy).Ha ha

We started out the week in Grandmas pool by Monday evening my sister-in-law Kristen had gone into labor so by brother Jimmy brought his 3 kids over. Then my other sister-in-law Jackie brought her 3 boys over. We had dinner and then my mom wanted to take all the kids on a hike in Snow Canyon. She said there was a cool hole in this rock that would be fun to take pictures. We had one 2yr, two 3yrs, one 4yr. one 5yr,one 7yr, one 8 yr, one 9yr, one 12yr.-Total of 9 children. It was me, my mom and Jackie. My mom informed us it was not a long hike for the little kids it took only about 10 minutes from where we parked. It was a nice evening the kids were full of energy so out we went. We were hiking about 15 minutes and I ask my mom are we almost there? She says yes just around this corner, to make this story short we ended up hiking up and down and around hills and we arrived about 35-45 minutes later. The kids didn't complain they were having fun and we took some pictures. We started on our way back and my mom realized she forgot her keys on one of the rocks and it was getting dark. So she goes back, Jackie and Milo stay with her and I try to keep up with the kids. We ended up hiking under a beautiful moon and arrived back at 10:30pm.

The kids had so much fun, Little Cooper who is only 2 hiked the whole time and know one ever cried. I even had fun although the whole time I was thinking of Jimmy and Kris and if they knew we were out hiking at 10pm trying to find our way out they might be freaking.

I had taken off my scarf and I felt so free, it was very liberating for me. It felt good hiking under the stars and just listening to the kids talk about random things. I felt healthy and strong .I'm glad we went, thanks mom.

The rest of the week was full of swimming, staying up late, watching movies, shopping, visiting family and of course going to radiation. Thanks Jackie for helping with my kids.

Radiation has really not been bad. I am tired but feel good. Definitely better then chemo. I think I have already said that but its so true.

I cant finish without mentioning my new little niece. She is beautiful, she has lots of black hair and is so little. Her name is Raime Rose. Hope your feeling good Kris.

No Regrets,

1 comment:

  1. I could picture your whole adventure and it makes me laugh. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete