Friday, October 8, 2010

Breathe

Yahoo its Friday! Do any of you feel a sigh of relief when its Friday? Whether it be you don't have work the next day or for me its because my kids don't have homework due the next day. Now I am a parent that thinks kids don't get all the education or help they need at school; so I know that homework and reading are important for them to do. Oh, before I forget I better say teachers are great well most, I really do believe they are Saints but there are too many kids at different levels and the teacher basically needs help from the parents to make sure kids excel. Now that I have said that I still say I REALLY DISLIKE HOMEWORK! It's kind of like the same problem the teachers have with so many students . I also have many kids at home and they too are all on different learning levels. By the time you help each one it seems that one kid is crying saying I just don't understand math or how much longer do I have to read? Do I really have to practice the piano or oh I forgot I have a report due tomorrow and its 9pm(my high schooler)can you help me? What do you do ? Help him although you are so tired and want to go to bed or say well that's a bummer for you, have fun working on it and hope he learns his lesson and won't do it again. I am the mom that says oh great I'll help ,if you promise you won't wait until last minute next time. So as I was saying Fridays are heaven to me.


Then for some reason Saturday morning arrives they quickly do their chores and then off to play with friends. My kids could live outside. They have played at the water park, made a lunch and sat in the shade at the church. They climbed trees, rode their bikes, made ramps for jumping bikes and played in the ditch that is empty but full of mud. They are so happy and they seem so sweet with no worries. I almost forget how grouchy they can be when Monday rolls around and we are doing homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment