Monday, October 25, 2010

Mothers Making the World A Better Place

I just pulled up my blog and noticed I haven't written in quite awhile. So what should I say? I'm sure I have done something in the last few weeks. Of course, I now remember. I have washed at least 3-4 loads of laundry a day. Folded clothes, put some away and some stayed in the basket. I have washed dishes, made countless meals(some good and some not so good). I have vacuumed, dusted, cleaned bathrooms. I have gone visiting teaching. I have substituted here and there. I have spent countless hours helping children do homework, tried to have fun but spiritual family home evenings with out someone leaving the room crying or fighting. I have held scripture study with my kids feeling so productive until I quiz them hours later and they say"I can't remember us reading that?" I have stayed up late waiting for my son to come home for the night to waking up early with my youngest daughter Asia, thinking to myself did I get any sleep?
So as I write this I have to laugh because I realize that I have been busy and although I am not traveling the world, I am changing the world and making it a better place by staying at home raising my children. How lucky am I to be a mother!
Last weekend was homecoming and the football team played great and won! The beginning of the game I noticed all the football players had pink tape wrapped around their cleats. I was glad that someone made them aware of Breast Cancer. As the game started I had a couple of mothers come up to me and say the team was wearing that for me. My own son plays on the team and he hadn't said a word. Well they honored the seniors and their parents that night down on the field before the game. As I stood by my son he whispered to me "look at all the guys cleats, we are wearing that color for you tonight" Tears came to my eyes, how thoughtful. I still don't know who came up with the idea coaches, kids, their parents? Whoever,I appreciate it! and I know other Breast cancer survivors appreciate it too. Love you!

Tomorrow I have 2 Dr. Appointments. I will let you all know how they go.
I also will be posting pictures of the events I have been involved in this month.

1 comment:

  1. Thats so cool Shaquel! I knew they were wearing them for you:)

    ReplyDelete