Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Unexpected!

The last 72 hrs have been a whirlwind. I went to my appointments and the first one was fine but the 2nd, Dr. H ended up ordering a MRI for me. The day was stressful. My eye on the left side and part of the top of my head has hurt for about 5-6 weeks. I have tried to link it to something perhaps maybe a sinus infection, head cold? But the pain has gotten more intense as the weeks have gone by. After doing a few tests my Dr. said it was time to do a MRI. He tells me in the nicest way possible that he was worried it was the big C word. He then scheduled the test for the same day and said he didn't want to wait another day. I went over to radiology and was told that it would take about 25 minutes. 3 hrs later I was done. The MRI machine would stop working while I was in the small little tube. I didn't realize how claustrobic I was. It's one thing to go in the tube for 15 minutes but to stay in there for a long period of time was pushing it.

After the MRI I went over to Red Mountain Resort & Spa. For Breast Awareness Month the Spa invited Survivors to a Celebration Of Survival. They had light refreshments and mini stations to have head back massages, hand massages, life coach to talk to, a lady that reads cards. I had so much fun! It felt so good talking to others going through the same thing, I feel so validated when talking to others. I really am not a wimp and making things up, everyone else has the same aches, pains and also worries. That night helped me relax alittle.

The next morning I went to the Pumpkin Run. I love watching my kids. They are all so unique and have a different perspective on competion and just the race itself. While watching them I couldn't help but keep checking my phone waiting for the Dr. to call with the results.
At 11:30 am my Dr. called and said well the good news is---------You don't have Cancer and no signs of a mini stroke. He thought I would have one those two things. The poor Dr. I couldn't keep my emotions in check. I felt like I could breathe along with feeling exhausted. He said the bad news is----------I don't know what is wrong but something definitely is. I told him I was fine with that as long as I don't have cancer I can live to find out. So I will start going to see more Dr.'s and having tests. Whew! It's not cancer.
My thoughts turn to the loved ones I know that are still struggling and have struggled with cancer for far too long and know that in heaven they were much stronger then me. I love You!

3 comments:

  1. I think of you everyday and how strong you are. I am glad you do not have any more of the C word. Please keep us updated on what is going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you gorgeous lady! Wishing you answers come your way quickly, and that it is something that can be taken care of quickly, and painless :) I love seeing you around, and wished I could actually get to chat with ya more then just in passing, but keeping you in my prayers, your fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad I found your blog. I was wondering if you heard back with the results of your scan. I am so gald it's the the "C" word. I am so glad i met you in person at the Red Mountain Spa. I hope all is going well with you and your family. We all need to get together soon.

    ReplyDelete