Sunday, December 6, 2009

Get Ready, Get Set, Go !

Now that I am starting chemo in two days I feel like I am in a race.
1st step-Getting Ready
I have been getting ready by having all my surgeries, blood tests, more blood tests, MRIs, PET scans, port put in, buying wigs, trying to prepare my children.
2ND step-Get Set
I met with three of my Dr's on Friday and after reviewing my tests, giving me my prescriptions to get filled(nine of them) and answering my last minute questions I AM SET!
3rd-GO
I will run to start my chemo treatment Tuesday. OK so I won't run maybe a jog ok a walk, but I am so ready. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, oh now I am just flat out lying. I hate to say this, but I am scared for the unknown. After Tuesday pain or not I will be fine. My plan is NOT to be sick or tired or all the many things I have heard may happen. I call it being positive, some say its denial, but whatever it works for me. HA HA
As far as the race I will complete it in 6 months and I will win!


I just wanted to add a few quotes that I read to day-
"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."Albert Einstein
"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." Anne Frank
"Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death" Author Unknown

Everyone have a wonderful week!

8 comments:

  1. You are AWESOME Shaquel! Please don't hesitate to call if you need ANYTHING! Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are ready! I hope it goes smooth as can be. I am praying lots and will be fasting for ya. I love you tons. Remember Heavenly Father is directing this great plan from above and will take care of all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I will be thinking about you all day. . . all 7 hours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck Shaq! I'll be praying for you always:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shaquel, I've been thinking alot about you lately. Know that there are ALOT of us sending positive thoughts your way. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you all day long. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your awesome Shaquel!!!! Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We'll be thinking of you today, Shaquel!

    ReplyDelete