Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Definition of Shaquel

Shaquel:
unwavering, steadfast, faithful, zealous, friendly, determined
enthusiastic, thoughtful, unselfish, encouraging, obedient
courageous, successful, humorous,
inspiring, a good example
DAUGHTER OF GOD, MY HERO!

BIG DAY FOR SHAQ TODAY!
She had her first chemo treatment today...the UNKNOWN
IS FINALLY KNOWN. From start to finish it took 3 hrs. to undergo
treatment. The infamous "needle poking" was
the best part she said. The first nurse couldn't get it in and the 2nd, simply
apologized for the first and was a pro at getting it in.
She has the worst luck with those things going in the first, second
and third tries. Shaq LOVES needles!
On the way home came the first sign of side effects. Only a headache.
She handled that with no problemo, pop a couple of Tylenol, she's good to go...about 3 hours
later more side effects. She has taken every nausea pill given to her and
she has had no relief. She can't keep anything down. Looks
like your wish
of losing weight will come true Shaq.

A big THANKS goes out to everyone for checking in on Shaq and her
family! She wanted me to say that she wishes she could
get to her phone to answer your calls, but she can't. She says to leave her a message and
when the
side effects subside,
she will return your calls. She appreciates your thoughtfulness!!!
I will do my best to keep you all informed
on how she is doing.
We luv ya Shaq. and know that you are in our prayers and thoughts!


3 comments:

  1. Hang in there Shaquel. My first treatment was the worst. It's a huge shock for the body that first time. All of my chemo friends agree with me that it gets better after the first one. I hope and pray it holds true for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaquel - You don't know me but I am friends w/your cousin Rachelle. She gave me your blog address because I was diagnosed w/stage 2B breast cancer soon after the birth of my first daughter over 4 years ago. It has at times, been a rocky road, but I am at this point (knock wood) still cancer free and kicking! Chemo is exhausting more than anything, but do-able. Ask for Emend if you do not already have it, it is great in conjunction w/steroids. You can get my number from Rachelle if you need to talk. Hang in there!!!
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shaquel- I am so sorry. I hope tomorrow is a better day. Love you!

    ReplyDelete