Sunday, December 20, 2009

CHEMOTHERAPHY=NO FUN

Thank you, thank you for all the phone calls, e-mails, visits, jokes. I am feeling so much better this week and the help from so many of you has benefited greatly. I can truly say I have never experienced anything as bad as the side effects of chemotherapy. The nausea was the worst. The actual experience of receiving the chemo wasn't bad, it was 3 hours later. It started with pain in my ears, then a pain in my head that I have never felt before, followed by throwing up and dry heaving for the next 7 days. The Dr. still can't figure out why all the nausea meds didn't work better then they did. Hopefully the next treatment won't be as bad. My hair has thinned, the doctor said my hair would be gone by now so I am proving him wrong in so many different ways. haha.
Overall, I am feeling a lot better now however, I am still feeling side effects such as sores down my throat, tender gums, and ACHING BONES. My cousin Denise described this to me and now I know what she was saying. While I still hurt, it is doable, and I am happy that I can be feeling a little better for Christmas this week. I always thought I was grateful for my health but this experience has really taught me how grateful I really am. Thanks again for your support and jokes. I will not be judging the jokes right now, they make me smile so keep um comin' Thanks,
NO REGRETS
MERRY CHRISTMAS
Love,
Shaquel

PS- I go in for my second chemo treatment on the 29th. I get the week off for Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Shaq hope you and your family have a fun New years!!

    Mike and Angela family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a MERRY Christmas! Continue to feel the Saviors love, as he knows you like no one else! You are in my prayers and thoughts, thinking of you often!

    ReplyDelete