Thursday, July 8, 2010

No More Radiation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited yesterday was my last radiation treatment. I went in feeling giddy, I just kept smiling. All the nurses and other patients were sharing in the excitement with me, I loved it. I laid on the table just looking at the beam so excited I was done. When I was getting ready to go, everyone gave me hugs and told me how much they will miss me. I then went in to visit the Dr., and he told me everything looks great. We visited for awhile talking about the past year and as we were walking out he gave me a big hug. He told me I was done! All the steps I took this past year to get to this point are done, no more major steps to take. I started crying like a baby. I felt like I had come full circle because Dr. W. was the first Dr. I saw after my diagnoses. I remember how scared I was, he made me feel comfortable, and I knew he would do everything he could do to help me. Then to see him on my last day of radiation and to tell me I've done well; it just felt so surreal. So as I said I cried all the way home.
I have so many emotions. As I have thought about my cancer, it makes me also think about my testimony/beliefs. It's my testimony that before this earth life we were in heaven together, happy, willing to come to earth and accept the joys/challenges that come with it. I think of some of you, how righteous and strong you are, and must have been. And still are even if you don't think you are. I don't believe are trials were given to us randomly. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that each of us have a divine purpose/plan and God will help us accomplish that plan whatever that is.
No Regrets,

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder. I've thought that idea over, too, that our trials weren't just given to us randomly. If you think of it that way, then you have to frame your challenges into "what have I learned." It sounds cliche, but true. Like, Shaquel, why do you think you had this type of cancer at this time in your life...if you can come up with some lessons learned then you have to think it was something YOU specifically needed to learn for YOUR own progression. So, maybe I won't need quite the lesson you do in the same way, but at some time we'll all need to learn the lessons we need to progress and become better than we ever have been in a the million + years of our spiritual existences. So, see, Shaquel, you're a much cooler person now than you were a year ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for your last radiation! you're a trooper and an inspiration!
    You're always in our prayers!
    *the shanan kellys*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you are done with radiation! Reading that you are all purple and burned made me hurt for you. I hope the rest of your summer is relaxing and care free!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a ride! I am so happy that your treatments are over! It is all down hill from here! It seems as though you have passed through your trial with a good attitude and it has paid off! Be patient with yourself through the next few years of healing! :)

    ReplyDelete