Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Schedule For The Next Few Months

Yesterday I had my Drs appointment with Dr. K my plastic surgeon. I recieved more saline in my tissue expandures. I have been going every two weeks for the last 5 months. Each appointment I recieve saline in my chest. The purpose of this is to stretch my skin so Dr. K can restructure my chest, due to my mastectomy. It has been quite painful. It makes my skin so tight I feel the skin on my throat tightening and it tightens all the way back to the bottom of my shoulder blades. I cannot turn my neck, I have to turn my whole body. Thank goodness this only lasts for 3 or 4 days each visit.


I did receive my so called schedule for the next few months, it goes as is-(without complications)

1. I will recuperate and get my cell counts back up until the end of April. I then will have surgery on my chest the last week of April.
2. I will then rest and heal from surgery for another 4 weeks.
3. After the 4 weeks is over I will start 6-8 weeks of radiation. I will go everyday Mon-Fri with the weekends off.

I should finish the 1st or 2nd week of July. The goal is to be done for my family reunion on the 14th. I then can hopefully relax and put this year behind me. Don't worry I don't want to forget the whole year just a few parts.
So I hope this plan sounds good to everyone it sounds real good to me!
If anyone has suggestions regarding radiation please share.

No Regrets,

No comments:

Post a Comment